Thursday, August 14, 2008

Bestfriend/Boyfriend

Imagine your best friend. The person who you trust the most. The one you can confide in even when you are hurting so much you don't really want to talk about it. For me it's my boyfriend. I never really thought that I would meet someone that was so compassionate and loving. We were friends long before starting a relationship, and that allows us a closeness that I used to only be able to dream about. Even in those times that I feel like giving up on everything myself, he holds me up. He encourages me and inspires me to keep going. I never experienced the kind of love that he offers me everyday. Even though we both don't have much right now, in his arms I feel like I have a fortune. I feel like I didn't understand the true meaning of love until I found him. The fact that he is my best friend makes everything that much sweeter. I can be silly or blunt, but the point is that I can be whatever I want. Not only that, but he allows me to do so. He never thinks I'm foolish, he never criticizes me. For that I give him my world, because I can't offer him anyone elses.

Love doesn't have to equal pain.

No comments: